DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (currently remote)
Grameen Promotoras Program
ABOUT GRAMEEN AMERICA:
Founded by Nobel Peace Prize laureate Muhammad Yunus in 2008, Grameen America is a nonprofit microfinance organization that empowers women who live in poverty to create better lives for themselves and their families through entrepreneurship. A nationally certified CDFI, Grameen America provides affordable capital, credit- and asset-building, financial education and peer support to enable program participants to boost their income, enter the mainstream financial system and create jobs in their communities. The fastest growing nonprofit microfinance organization in the U.S., Grameen America has provided over $2 billion in small business loans and served over 145,000 low-income, primarily minority women. Our members have repaid their loans at a rate of over 99% and are helping transform the lives of their families and communities. For more information, please visit grameenamerica.org.
Knowing that health and financial wellbeing are inextricably linked, in 2016 Grameen America partnered with our sister organization Grameen PrimaCare to pilot Grameen Promotoras: Community Health Workers. Today the program has served over 9,000 low-income women in New York and Charlotte, North Carolina, made over 12,600 health or social service referrals, and delivered more than 6,500 educational workshops. Promotoras capitalize on Grameen America’s unique group lending model, visiting Grameen center meetings biweekly and presenting educational workshops on a variety of health-related topics. Participants also receive local resources and referrals for a broad spectrum of free or low-cost services, ranging from urgent care to social services.
The Development Manager will join a high-performing Development Department to help raise funds to specifically support the work and mission of the Grameen Promotoras Program, a community health worker model operating in select Grameen America branches. Reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Giving, the primary role of this position is to source and engage potential funders to support the continued expansion of the Grameen Promotoras Program. The Development Manager will also collaborate with the team at Grameen PrimaCare and the Grameen America Chief Development Officer and Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships. This position requires exceptional communications and grant writing skills, project management experience, prospect research experience, high attention to detail, ability to learn quickly on the job, and strong interpersonal skills. The candidate should have the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects independently, and the desire to take initiative as well as work as part of a cohesive development team.
- Manage and help lead Promotoras grant proposals, applications and reporting processes, including proposal writing, budget creation and modification, impact and financial reporting.
- Support the management of key Promotoras prospects, construction of a pipeline of desirable prospects and development of program-specific approach plans, which could include foundations, corporations and individuals. Manage Promotoras funding pipeline in Salesforce, and maintain accurate records and notes in the system.
- Assist in pitching and securing new partners, including supporting the Senior Director in research, securing meetings and developing pitch materials.
- Support the successful stewardship and engagement of funder relationships, including: assisting in site visits; managing frequency of outreach, communication and personal contact.
- Support the Senior Director in the negotiation of agreement terms and development of contracts as needed.
- Maintain close communication and collaboration with Grameen PrimaCare and Promotoras team to stay abreast of programmatic updates and innovation; impact results; and future plans.
- Collaborate with the other members of the Grameen America Development team to coordinate on joint programmatic funding opportunities; to share proposal content; and to stay abreast of organizational priorities and achievements.
- Collaborate with the Grameen America marketing and communications team to support Promotoras messaging and external relations.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ experience in development, with a particular focus on prospect research and grant writing. Experience with health-related fundraising a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Fundraising database experience – preferably with Salesforce — strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to build and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to effectively collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information.
- Ability to take the lead on projects and work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
- Energetic, positive and enthusiastic team player with a commitment to the values of the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office especially on Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
We will adhere to all state and/or city COVID 19 vaccine mandate requirements.
Grameen America is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.